Qualifications to enroll
Certificate level : PM3 or working experience and age 16 and above
Diploma level :After Form 5/school leaving certificate/ SPM / UEC / age 17 and above
Advance Diploma : Diploma / Work experience
Are jobs guaranteed on graduation
We prepare our graduates to be ‘Job ready’ so that their employ-ability is great.
“Give them a fish, they will eat a day, show them to fish, they eat fish for a life time.”
Quote from the father of Chef Hendry, who served as the Chef for 5 US Presidents.
“Hendry , why don’t you become a chef after your studies, you can always get a job, because everybody has to eat.”
Are there any scholarships or credits rewards?
Please submit a 2 minutes video of you preparing food to CAC.
How much students have to pay for room accommodations?
Students will have to pay RM150-RM200 per month for the use of the hostel which is near the academy .
*Terms and Conditions apply
Is your diploma recognized globally?
The diploma by City & Guild UK London is widely accepted by the industry worldwide. Our graduates of the Diploma in Professional Chefs are holding Exexcutive Sous Chefs and Food & Beverage Managers. Many are employed globally.
What is a dual diploma?
Students who study for the Diploma in Professional Chef will also be doing the Diploma Level 2 Culinary by City & Guild with no extra tuition fees. Successful graduates will obtained a double diploma.
Who are the lecturers / chefs ?
They are Senior Chefs at renown hotels
- Certified Vocational Training Officer ( VTO )
- Certified Assessor for Australia certificate IV
- Certified Assessor City & Guilds
- Members of the Penang Chefs Association
Do the students need to look for their internship?
Students can choose to do their internship at hotel / restaurant / catering outlet from the panel of industrial partners locally or international.
Any added values if I take the Diploma in Professional Chef program?
- Be a member of the Penang Chefs Association (PCA ) www.penangchefs.com.my which is recognized globally and participate in their activities.
- Learning experience while studying
- Participation in entrepreneurship.
- RAPID bus pass for students
- RM100 only for hostel use.
- RM100 vouchers for students
- Earn extra RM during weekends – subjected to availability
*Terms and conditions apply
Is there any degree / advance diploma ?
CAC Academy offered only an Advance Diploma level 3 Culinary Arts which is a 14 months program with 80% practical & 20% theory