CAC Success Stories
“Success” comes with many definitions. In our school, being successful means finding a passion in cooking, becoming self-competent and learning to handle your culinary skills confidently. Furthermore, we encourage students to be creative, try something new, step out from his/her comfort zone, and enjoy the process of learning. No matter how you define it, we believe that success meaning to be moving forward in your own path, in order to do this, you must equip yourself with the realization of your own strengths and weaknesses, learn to utilize your strengths and improve on your weak points, keep yourself motivated along the way will definitely help you to reach success quicker.
Read these personal success stories about ordinary students with extraordinary accomplishments. We are proud of our CAC graduates, wishing them life full with success on what they have now and will continue to accomplish.
Here are some personal success stories by our CAC graduates :
Chef Eric Cheng
– First practical training at 5 star resort, Mutiara Beach Resort Penang, Malaysia.
– CAC and Mr Bruce Lee gave us fully support and visited us time to time for the outcome training progress and from here I did my career path and growth up to be a great Chef with Mutiara Beach Resort, Penang, Malaysia.
– Promoted to Executive Chef in Vistana Hotel Penang in year 1999, new opening hotel.
I start growth to be a management where managing not only hotel kitchen team, also overseeing the F&B service and stewarding department which gave me another new challenges.
– In year 2008, I helped on the opening of another new hotel Eastin Hotel Penang, Malaysia as the Food and Beverage Manager where I looked after F&B services, Kitchen and Stewarding department.
– In year 2014, again I explore in helping in the opening of another new 4 star hotel in Penang which is Olive Tree Hotel, Penang, Malaysia in charge of Food and Beverage department.
– In year 2016 to current, I moved to the new established 5 star hotel in Penang – Lexis Suites Penang, Malaysia in charge of Food and Beverage Department and Hotel Operational.
Chef Daniel Tan Yang
- Malaysia Global Certiﬁed Master Chef
- Owner/Chef of What The Duck, Dinning & Dessert Nagore Road, Penang, Malaysia
- Most Promising Young Chef ofthe Year (2007)
- Gold Medal in Pattaya City Culinary Cup 2013
- 2 gold medals in the International Gourmet Exhibition China 2006
- Silver Medal ,13th Battle OfThe Chef 2011
- Silver Medal, 2nd Pattaya City Culinary Cup 2011
- Silver Medal in FHM Culinaire 2011
- Bronze Medal in 13th Battle OfThe Chef 2011
- 2 bronze 13th Culinary Gathering Thailand 2007.
- Served Safe Certiﬁed by National Restaurant Association
Chef Lee Keen Suaan
- Executive Sous Chef Shangri-La Rasa Sayang Beach Resort, Penang, Malaysia
- Battle of the Chefs (9th International Salon Gastronomique 2005).
- Singapore MLA Black Box Gold Award
- Shangri-la academy 2008 April
- Formula 1 At 2010 September At Singapore
- Singapore Food Promotion In New Delhi India 2010 September
- Formula 1 At 2011 September at Singapore
- Battle ofGreen Box Penang PPC 2011 April
(1 runner up & best Malaysian Team award)
Chef Eric Long
- Participated in the 8th Indonesian Salon Culinaire.
- Won gold medal in Pasta Culinary Junior Challenge
- Won The Best Junior Chef award
Chef Charmaine Clare De Almeida
- Silver Medalist of Modern Malay Stylish Wedding Cake (PIHCC) 2019
- Bronze Medalist of Kuih Muih and Savoury Delicacy (PIHCC) 2019
- Bronze Medalist of Sweet Sensation (PIHCC)
- 2019 Most Outstanding Penang International Chef Patisserie Award 2019
- Most Outstanding Potential Pastry Chef (CAC Academy of Chefs) 2018
- Currently attending Le Cordon Bleu Australia
Chef Hafiz Booz
Year 2013 – Completed his internship at Hard Rock Hotel, Penang, Malaysia
Year 2014 – Graduated from CAC Academy
Year 2014 – Participation in “Nasi Kandar Fish Head Curry” competition at Star Cruise Libra
Year 2014 – Participation in “Burger” competition
Year 2014 – Worked as Commis at The Rice Miller Hotel, Penang, Malaysia
Year 2015 – Worked as Cook at The Meltz, Penang, Malaysia
Year 2016 – Worked as Assistant Butcher at Hard Rock Hotel, Penang, Malaysia
Year 2017 – Worked as Kitchen Assistant at The Swensen, Singapore
Year 2018 – Currently working as Chef de Pattie at Guccio Ristorante Fine Dining Italian Cuisine by Chef Marco, Singapore
Chef Syamalan Balasubramaniam
1. Participation in Asian Culinary Challenge 2013
2. Participation in Battle of The Chef 2013
3. Participation in Nasi Kandar Competition, Super Star Libra Cruise 2013
4. Completed his internship at Gurney Hotel 2013
5. Active member of Penang Chef Association since 2013
6. Promoted to 1st commis at Gurney Hotel, 2013
7. Worked as 2nd cutter in Strada Marine Cruise, 2014
8. Participation in Molecular Mixology, 2015
9. Worked as Demi Chef at Top Coco Cabana
10. Currently work as Demi Chef at Open Farm Community, Singapore
Chef Ahmad Aiman
Well done To our Graduate Chef Ahmad Aiman
Now attached to Cruise (travelling ) to places